Mental Health achievements in 2012
Herat, Sat 21 Dec, 2013
- In 2012 Mental Health Training Centre-Herat focused on educating the Afghan people about Mental Health.
- One Doctor Completed a Residency Training in Malaysia
- 5 Doctors Graduated from Residency Program in Herat in 2012.
- 3,233 (1,172 male and 2,061 female) new patients registered.
- 3,334 (1,117 male and 2,217 female) patients received followed-up care.
- 11,772 (4,079 male and 7,693 female) new and followed-up patients received Consultation Sessions for Treatment.
- 10,081 patients and their family members (3,601 male and 6,480 female) benefited from 608 mental health education sessions in the clinic waiting rooms.
- 26 female patients with their family attended support groups in 9 sessions.
- 305 (196 male and 108 female) mental disabled patients and their families given counselling in 38 sessions
- 41 medical students (24 male and 17 female) completed their 3 months practical site at the MHTC-H.
- 28 midwifery students completed their practical training on site at MHTC-H
- 39 nursing students (25 male, 14 female) in Herat completed their 3 month on site practical training at MHTC